
Since not everyone that is reading this Blog has necessarily met Nick or spent a lot of time with Nick, we thought it appropriate to tell everyone a little bit about this special young man. For those of you that know Nick, think of one thing that best describes him. Our guess is that most people will comment that Nick always has a smile on his face. Whether it is playing sports, school, or just hanging out, Nick would always be smiling or laughing. In fact, this is probably his most endearing trait. People would always ask me, is there ever a time when Nick doesn't smile? Nick is a bright kid who does well in school, has a great sense of humor and a quick wit. Although Nick is a rules guy, we know that there is a mischevious side that comes out every so often. He befriends all and is always willing to help another child.
Nick's passion is football. While he likes to swim, play baseball and basketball, I think he would play football year round if he could. The pictures we have include here sum it all up. We are all looking forward to a time in the future when we can get him back up on a board, out on the field or skiing down a mountain!
We know that we are biased, since we are his parents, but Nick is a very special young man.
In closing, we wanted to let everyone know that Nick's football team has created a website www.nicksfight.org. The team has ordered bracelets (similar to livestrong) with Nick's name and number on them as a fundraiser for Nick. Our family can't thank everyone enough for their concern, support and prayers.


8 comments:
I heard the news Sunday morning. I was not myself for the entire time. I couldn't get it out of mind, and I refused to accept it. Caesar kept saying "it is not fair, "it is not fair." I stood up until around 2:00am, last night, just as I did tonight, trying to write a few comforting words. I could not dare to do that. This afternoon I saw his mom having a happy conversation with some people at the YMCA. It wasn't until then, that I found the courage to write this. I figured if she is happy, then Nick is doing well. In that case, I am grateful to All Mighty God. Or she must be a brave woman which she needs to be at this point in time. But why Nicholas, why him though, the peaceful boy full of joy. I remember clearly, during one of his swim meet he didn't reach the touch pat all the way. When he looked at the score board which displayed his time incorrectly, instead of getting angry like most kids do, he smiled. I guess that's how he is communicating his thoughts with the people around him. What a divine way of communication. Well Nick, my buddy, get well soon, our world is desperate for good kids like you.
Caesar and Fattah( Dad)
Thanks for posting those pictures, Dave. I put my vote in for "mischievous" or maybe "plucky", either way, from what I've seen, Nick has always been a kid that's fun to be around, mainly because he seems to love interacting with other people. "Hi Nicolas! Football, eh? If you were up here in Canada, you'd add hockey to your sports. A great game that you'd be good at. - Andrew
Thank you for sharing those pictures of Nick. My daughter Courteney is friendly with Sam at Villa. We were so saddened to hear about his illness and pray for him daily. It is amazing to read these blogs and to know what a great kid he is....not just from his parent's but from so many others that love him. His fighting spirit will get him through this journey successfully and hopefully quickly. We will continue to pray for each of you in these difficult months ahead.
We just got the new about Nick. Just like everyone else, we are all shocked. How does something like this happen to the happiest kid on earth. Please know that we are all praying daily for all of you. Reading through Nick's progress give all of us great hope as I am sure it does you too. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. Thank you for taking the time to share this very difficult time in your lives in the blog. I keep it live on my computer and keep hitting the refresh button several times a day. Keep fighting the good fight Nick! You CAN beat this and set the example for others that will follow. Take care of yourselves.
Ah yes, those bright eyes and that unforgettable infectious smile. The next time we see that smile will be a magical moment for sure. You guys are in our daily thoughts and prayers.
Chris, Ruth, and Sara
Wow - great pictures David, I remember that smile when he was just a little thing at the soccer games. Same smile for sure.
Thank you for keeping us posted. You remain in our thoughts and prayers.
Give Deb a big hug from me.
Grace
Calvaresi Family-
We think about all of you daily. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. Keep up that fighting spirit Nick!!! If there is anything we can do to help out, please do not hesitate to ask.
The Bradley Family
Jack, Dawn Payton & Jordan
Dear Nick - I think you are so brave. I miss you on the school bus. I say hi to the dogs for you when I see them. Get well soon!! Love, Kurt Campayo
Post a Comment