After the movie, we all came home to just hang out as a family. Time was spent rolling around on the floor with the dogs, playing games and just hanging out. It was so nice for Deb and I to see all 3 of our kids, at home, playing, joking and yes, even bickering again. We enjoyed a nice family dinner (thank you to all who have provided meals to us, it was great to have a nice home cooked meal tonight without the stress of shopping and cooking) and watched the end of Penn State whooping Michigan State.
Alas, it was time for Nick to return to CHOP. To be honest, he took it better than either Deb or I. This would be the bittersweet part, in case you were wondering. It felt so right having him home and oh so empty after they left. We all can't wait until he can be home for good!
5 comments:
So glad you guys had a wonderful day! It must have been brutal to take him back--sometimes kids handle things better than we do, don't they? Well a well-deserved break! Hang in there.
Dear Nick,
I am glad that you had a fun day yesterday. I bet it felt good to be out of the hospital for a little while and I hope you get to come home again soon. Be strong and know that we all want you to get better. I believe in you.
Your friend,
Paul #41
Can't imagine how it must have felt to have a touch of family normalcy, even if only for a few hours. Hopefully it helped to recharge Nick and the family for the push to return home for Thanksgiving.
Chris, Ruth, and Sara
Bickering children is the sound of "normal", isn't it? I'm glad it happened for you guys, even if it wasn't as long as I'm sure you all would have liked. We think of you all every day, always sending happy and positive thoughts your way. Love, Karin, Damian, Katherine & Kurt
I meant to send you this link, Dave. It's the night Saku Koivu returned to montreal after defeating cancer. He's back wearing the captain's "C".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS9dbVL7PKk
A letter from Saku Koivu's Foundation is on its way to Nicolas (hope it's good!) - Andrew
Post a Comment