Sunday, July 25, 2010

The latest Check-Up

Nick just passed his one year anniversary from Treatment!!!! We are thrilled to say that his last check-up went very well. The doctor's are very encouraged by his progress and he has regained all of his weight back. Nick has kept busy this summer with Baseball and Swim Team. He just finished his last meet and was able to take 2 seconds off his time for a very exciting win in his heat. He is now turning his thoughts to the football season which starts in another week.

It has been great to see Nick return to his old self this year. He did really well in 5th grade and was able to re-integrate back into his sports.

A few weeks ago, we got word that another little girl from our area was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma. Julia has undergone surgery and is still recovering. We will do everything we can to help this family, and I would ask that anyone who is still reading this blog, please pray for Julia and her family.

I will provide another update after Nick's next check-up in 3 months.

4 comments:

Jo Potvin Design To Market Home Staging Cincinnati said...

Dave, I am so happy to hear of Nick's progress. We are in the car on the way home from vacation. I was checking in on Facebook and saw Cara, Brian, and your profiles. I don't know if you've been in touch with Cara but we will both have freshmen at McGill this year! Like so many thngs in life, I am really happy and at the same time I can't believe I already have one leaving. You can probably guess that my son can't wait! Thanks for the updates and I am thrilled that all is going well with Nick. Jo

Anonymous said...

Still popping in occasionally to see how Nick is doing. I'm thrilled to see that he is doing so well. I'll definitely send up prayers for Julia and her family.

Kat Thack

Monzer Elabbasi said...

I'm glad to see Nick is getting better and stronger. Will continue to pray for him. God bless him

heathmer8 said...

Was thinking of you and your family tonight and wanted to check in. My cousin just underwent brain surgery for a brain tumor as well and they are awaiting the pathology results. I hope to pull up the name of the treatment that you sought for Nick--although I know each person's path can be very different. Hope you all are doing well. We miss you!
Heather